Silly as it sounds, finding something every day that makes me smile even if only for a moment really does help with the ups and downs of life. I’ll admit I skipped a few days purely out of forgetfulness, but this is a challenge I’m determined to see through so I’ve picked back up and set an alarm on my phone to remind me to find something every day!
Here is 11-20 of my #100HappyDays!
11. One of my favourite things in the world is the simplicity of a good power walk with my best exercise buddies Amie and CJ. I’m a cat person honestly, but I just adore taking CJ for walkies. We went to nearby Cofton Park and did a few KM to burn off all the nervous energy that builds when I know my significant other in en route!
12. And here he is! Roode is now officially here for the summer, though I strongly suspect he is here to fuss over my darling Helena rather than spend time with me sometimes! The two of them are just inseparable and it’s adorable.
13. One of the best perks of having him here is the amazing vegan delicacies he so masterfully creates. You might have seen Amie and I waxing lyrical about De Vegetarische Slager (Or in English The Vegetarian butcher!) before, it’s a delicious vegan meat substitute that is scarily realistic. It’s currently only available in The Netherlands and I think Belgium, but we order huge bags of it every time Roode comes to England to tide us over till they (hopefully!) start selling it over here.
14. So we know now that it’s all over for the England football team in this World Cup, but I was full of optimism here before the first match. It’s the agony and the ecstasy of World Cup football that I love, and at the very least I can still cheer on the Dutch team (who actually DO stand a chance of winning with the way they are playing!)
15. Here we are right before Race for Life! We beat our previous time and did a lot more running than walking this time so it was a really big personal achievement for us both!
16. My prize arrived from the lovely Katie at Pretty For Pence! I had a nice stream of luck this week from competitions which made me feel less bad about a spending ban as I still have plenty of shiny treats incoming! You can see the review for the Bourjois Manucure Toppings here!
17. Sometimes nothing beats a surprise visit from a friend when you’re feeling low. Simon has been like the big brother I never had since before even my teens and I cherish every moment we have together now we are sort-of proper grown-ups who can’t sit around in our PJs all day watching rubbish films and eating pizza.
18. Summer Solstice is one of my favourite events of the year and we celebrate the longest day with a trip down south to Glastonbury, Avebury and Stonehenge. Here we are at the top of Glastonbury Tor in the scorching mid-day heat! Unfortunately we couldn’t stay to greet the sunrise this year as I had to teach in the morning, but we had a great time shopping in the awesome treasure troves of Glastonbury and exploring the gorgeous landscape.
19. Another competition prize arrived! This time from the lovely Simone at 30 Something OAP. I asked her to pick out the Models Own shade of polish for me and she chose this amazing blue velvet glitter which I adore! She also kindly sent two bonus goodies – an anti-stress mud mask (which I totally need right now!) and some Kleenex shine absorbing sheets which have been doing a great job of keeping me from looking like an oil slick in this heat!
20. I’ve been feeling like I need (another) healthy kickstart so I’ve started juicing. Yes I’m starving and craving carbs like you wouldn’t believe, but absolutely nothing feels healthier than a raw vegan diet. Let’s see how long I can keep it up!
Once again #100HappyDays has done it’s magic and I feel much more positive after this post than I did before it. If you’re interested in starting the #100HappyDays challenge to bring a little burst of positivity you can check out the website here.
Totally Hellbent for the little things making a huge difference.