noun, plural he-roes; for 5 also he-ros
- a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.
- a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or idea: He was a local hero when he saved the drowning child.
- the principal male character in a story, play, film, etc.
- classical mythology
- a being of godlike prowess and beneficence who often came to be honored as a divinity.
- (in the Homeric period) a warrior-chieftain of special strength, courage, or ability
- (in later antiquity) an immortal being; demigod
We all have someone that we class as a hero one way or another. Someone truly inspirational that you aspire to be, admire or want to be around. For me, my heroes are Dakesis & Brains (my partner in crime/steel etc)
To demonstrate, here are some heroic style photographs –
Left to Right: Matt stepping up to the mark when Mother of Steel needed a hero for her Tyre, Adam – water hero, Gemma wielding some mighty swords in a heroic fashion & Brains dressed as a Viking … can’t get more heroic than that!
In life, you need happiness, inspiration, ambition and motivation. Without these I’m fairly convinced you’d lead a boring monotonous life. These guys help with all of these. I still get butterflies when I know we are meeting up, I get as excitable as a small child the night before Christmas prior to band practice or the creation of new schemes and most of all, whenever I look at these guys from afar, I’m warmed and inspired by everything they do and that drives me to push myself to my limits. To me, they are the only heroes I will ever need.
So, no reviews, no products, no purchases. Just a note to share my love of heavy metal & heroes. Who’s yours?
Totally hellbent for heroes of all kinds!