Well festival season is officially over. Dakesis played Sunkfest and The New Disorder Festival, which were great when it comes to prolonging the post festival blues. Unfortunately, it’s now miserable outside and we are almost half way through September!
With so many memories from this year already what better way to reflect, than to think of all the scrummy products I got to try out whilst in a tent with significantly less access to things that make me look clean.
After much pondering on this, I have come up with my top 5 festival life savers for this year. It took some thought, but these are the 5 products that I absolutely couldn’t have lived without!
- Suncream – I absolutely couldn’t have lived without my Simple factor 50 suncream as well as the Coola slightly tinted SPF 20 screen. Gem and I were very silly and had managed to get ourselves burnt to a crisp whilst on our ferry to Holland, but the Coola tinted moisturiser matched my self inflicted shade of orange perfectly, meaning I didn’t need to try make foundation work over my sore, sunburnt, orange and peeling skin
- Facial Wipes – This are a must have, decent facial wipes to take off makeup, suncream and dirt. So long as I have these, it’s OK if I run out of toner and cleanser or don’t have access to showering facilities.
- Eyebrow Kit – This ranks higher than any other makeup product, with my eyebrows filled out I at least resemble a human being!
- Jelly Pong Pong Mascara – When the going get’s hot and sweaty, I am loathed to put makeup on knowing it will run and make me clammy. I love this mascara so much that I didn’t need any eyeliner or eyeshadow to glam up. An application of this left me looking refreshed and glamourous despite having spent 4 days in a field.
- Facial Spritz – This was a life saver. It was so hot, that Gem and I were teasing each other by asking ourselves to imagine what it would be like if we were wrapped up in fleece blankets, whilst wearing onsies, with a hot water bottle and a heater on. It may not sound much, but the thought of this was nauseating! In this unbearable heat we took it in turns to spray each other (and our partners) with our recently acquired Glossybox spoil. This facial spritz feels like the most refreshing thing in all of the land when it’s 30 degress, with zero cloud cover, a multitude of black clothing and no shade. This is coming with me to every place that is in danger of reaching 21 degress upwards!
Totally hellbent for looking fab with minimum effort