No make up here today, just a lovely easy to make Breakfast recipe!
Since working from home with Brains for his Web Design and Development company BIOSTALL, I have the luxury of actually having cooked breakfast in the morning should I so desire.
I love cooking and I especially love baking so I’m always trying out new recipes and throwing stuff together to see what happens. So here is a recipe I tried for the first time the other day – Baked eggs with bacon and mushrooms.
You will need:
- 1-2 eggs per person
- Fresh Chives
- 3-4 Button Mushrooms or 1-2 Breakfast Mushroom’s per person (remove the stalks)
- Veggie Bacon (or real Bacon if you so desire)
- Some Cheese (<obviously)
- A smidgen of oil
- Muffin/Cake tray
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190 degrees (for those of us with electric ovens, you might need to go up to 200)
- Oil 1-2 muffin holes per person (*snigger*) and place 3-4 button mushrooms or one Breakfast mushroom in each, putting them in the over for around 5 minutes
- Take out of the oven, place the Veggie bacon underneath the mushroom to form a little “holder”.
- Sprinkle half he cheese and chives over the mushroom and crack an egg into each muffin hole.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese and chives over the top and put back in the oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on how well you like your eggs.
- Dish up on some toast, or muffins … or eat it as it is!
- Bon Appetit!
For an extra healthy kick, I had mine with some hot water and lemon!
Totally hellbent for quick and easy morning dining